Accommodations in Sydney, Australia, are undeniably plentiful, but knowing the type of hotel you want and where you want to stay can help you narrow down your options considerably. Sydney CBD hotels are often the first choice for many business travellers. Located in the heart of the city, these five-star deluxe hotels offer all the pampering you could desire and are within walking distance of eateries, shopping, and transportation. There are quite a few options when looking to book Sydney travel deals and packages which include hotels in the Sydney CBD with such agents as Sydney Flights Accommodation, Wotif or Expedia.
The small and intimate size of the average boutique hotel lends itself to developing a richer character that bucks the homogeneity of larger or chain hotels. Boutique establishments tend to pride themselves on a high standard of service and can be found throughout the city and its surrounding districts and neighbourhoods.
Three-star hotels in Darling Harbour are a favourite haunt for many visitors. Picturesque views and rooms can keep you at the centre of Sydney’s buzzing entertainment district. Takeaway outlets, clubs, and waterfront dining give you plenty of options for meals, while playgrounds, gardens, galleries, and shopping will keep you busy from dawn until dusk.
Regardless of where you decide to stay for the bulk of your visit to Sydney, a night spent in a luxurious hotel with views of the Sydney Opera House and the harbour is a must-do. It is well worth the splurge, and you can often find great deals if you know where and how to look.
Here are 5 tips on how to locate deals on Sydney hotels.
1. Shop around. With so many great hotels in the area, don’t limit yourself to just one or two. Check with each one to find the best prices.
2. Look for bargains online. The Internet provides you with an excellent opportunity to compare prices and find great deals.
3. Contact the hotel directly. If all the hotels seem to be out of your price range, contact the hotel directly. Many times the manager can provide you with an unadvertised deal or a reduced rate or special.
4. Ask about last-minute deals. Rooms that are not filled are not earning the hotels any money and can often be had for ridiculously low prices. You won’t know if you don’t ask, so ask!
5. Don’t hesitate to book your reservations when you locate a great deal.
Enjoy your time in one of the great cities of the world, Sydney.